Thursday, January 31, 2008

More Bits. More Pieces

In no particular order:

**Haven't heard a word from the UK editor since I sent the "happy to do the work, but you have to pay me message." Not feeling the love, but...hey...them's the breaks when you're a grown-up.

**Dad does need surgery again, another attempt at hernia repair. It's scheduled for Feb. 12. He's scared. Mom's scared. All God's children are scared. All Dad's children are, too.

**Evan called today. He was lucid and polite, which is the most I hope for on any given day.

**Yesterday Katie told me she realizes the day will come when she needs to "do the Mom thing" for Evan. I am proud to know she's looking into the future and planning to step up to the responsibility. I am broken-hearted to think she will one day stand in the center of this storm. Mostly, I am trying....trying SO hard...to remain in the NOW.

**The pond is frozen and the geese are gone. The silence is unnerving.

Tomorrow is another day. See you then.

3 comments:

mamatulip said...

There are geese on the water by our house, Canadian geese, obviously (LOL), and I don't understand why they haven't flown south yet. Do geese still fly south?

These are the pressing questions I'm asking over here, Jerri.

Your father will be in my thoughts on the 12th.

And, keep trying. It's worth it. :)

Go Mama said...

Hang in there J...keep breathing, staying in the heart of knowing...that you are changing and now your universe is resetting to that change.

Oh, the waiting. The not knowing. Walking the path when you can't see what's happening...we are with you.

kario said...

Love to you and your father and mother. I am sending light and love to you all.

I am also sending light and love to Katie. I hope she finds a way to live her life now without the anticipation of her 'someday' caretaking duties.

Enjoy the silence.