Monday, February 18, 2008

Powers of Observation

Wandering the blogosphere, one sees so many gorgeous photos. The skill of the photographers often impresses me, but even more than their skill, I am intrigued by their powers of observation. Even commonplace things become extraordinary when you pay attention.

All too often, I zoom through life without noticing the glory that surrounds me. And so I've decided to carry my camera with me over the next month and try to find one bit of beauty every day. And no fair photographing the pond. I've already got a lock on appreciation when it comes to the pond.

I'm not a skilled photographer, but that's not the point. Like making a list of the things for which I'm grateful every night, I expect this project to open my heart as well as my eyes.

An angel wing begonia in the sunlight.


10 comments:

riversgrace said...

Wow, it's sooo true. Beautiful image. What camera are you using? I have also been appreciating the photo blogs and wondering if my small point and shoot can do it justice?

Jerri said...

My camera is a Panasonic Lumix with a 10x optical zoom.

I know this because I read it on the camera's labels. All I do is point and shoot. It's enough for now.

Go Mama said...

Gorgeous Jerri. What a great concept. Photographing beauty and gratitude.

Suzy said...

Words, visuals,stories, photos, you make them all work.


Love you

Suzy

Nancy said...

Making a list of gratitude each night and looking for glory all day. You are exactly what I needed to read this am to lift me out of a low place. Thank you!

Michelle O'Neil said...

Looking forward to seeing your images.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Angel leaf? LOVE everything about it!

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Angel WING - duh, obviously my powers of observation could use a tweak!

kario said...

What a lovely idea. Thanks for sharing!

Deb Shucka said...

If this picture is any indication, you are tapping into a whole new vein of big talent. Beautiful!