Saturday, September 05, 2009

Got Ideas?

Yesterday my nephew added an element to our upcoming 3-day bike trip: games for the evenings. The towns we're visiting are very small and everything closes early. So, each evening one of us will host a game night in our room.

On your night, you provide an interesting game and a theme-related cocktail. For example, you could bring the game Apples to Apples and make apple martinis. (That won't work, though: I love Apples to Apples but don't think I could drink an apple martini at the point of a gun.)

Any of you brilliant people have suggestions? I'm looking for an off-beat, fun game that works for 6 people. All drink suggestions welcome, too.

Oh, and just in case anyone else wants to whip up some fun next Wednesday—the date will be 09/09/09, an oddity worth celebrating. Our Wednesday bike group is dressing "to the nines" for the night. We're riding the trail in evening wear over our bike shorts and dining on fancy hors d'oeuvres. I'm thinking feather boa and high heels if it's warm and a velvet jacket with a feather collar if it's cool. My wine for the night will be champagne. No decision yet on the fancy hors d'oeuvres. (Suggestions welcome.)

5 comments:

kario said...

I don't know that I can come up with any drinks to go with the games, but I'm a total game nut so I can suggest Yahtzee or Tripoley or Charades. How about Aggravation or Chinese checkers? I'm woefully unadventurous about my cocktails - I'd honestly just prefer wine, but those games are fun with large groups.

I love this cycling club you guys have going!

luckyzmom said...

Michigan Rummy with rum punch.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

My family loves "Flinch" and you could be forced to drink apple martinis for the occasion.

Deb Shucka said...

No ideas for games or drinks -just huge admiration for all the fun and adventures in your life right now.

I'm going to be seriously vexed if you don't show us a picture of you and Molly in formal wear. Really.

Michelle O'Neil said...

Awesome Jerri. No ideas but much admiration for the joy you bring.