Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Covert Operation

Shhhh. Don't tell anyone. I did a bad, bad thing.

Monday morning, before my folks got back from a weekend trip, I borrowed their van, filled it with junk my sister left in my garage, and took it to the metal recyclers.

If Deb asks about it, I won't lie—I'll just play dumb. "You mean that stuff you left here FIVE YEARS AGO? Why, I don't have any idea what happened to that."

And I don't. Heaven only knows what it became after it was smashed into a cube of scrap metal, smelted and recycled. Only thing I know for sure is that I can open my car doors without bumping into it.

Shhhhh.

8 comments:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Go Mama said...

You did a good, good thing!

Bravo!

Life's too short to hold other people's junk!!

:)

Deb Shucka said...

Happy dancing over here! You go!

The Geezers said...

Hmmm. And you're quite sure she doesn't read your blog?

You absolutely did the right thing. A year, tops, is the time we're required to store a family member's crap.

hg said...

:)

You Rock!

Michelle O'Neil said...

Woo-hoo! Go Jerri!

luckyzmom said...

So, I hear you've opened your garage to new possibilities!D

Amber said...

Clear crap, to open space to receive... Yes! ESPECIALLY when it isn't even your crap!? The mere idea makes my Virgo head hurt. lol Good for YOU!

:)