Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Heart On Stony Ground


Writing to a very talented young writer this morning, I typed, "Believe in yourself as I believe in you," and stopped with a gasp.

It felt like the voice of God was speaking to me as well as to my friend. God believes in us and wants us to believe in ourselves: without judgement but not without awareness; without limits but not without boundaries; without fear. Without. Fear.

I took this picture in the stream bed of the Buffalo River Sunday afternoon. Seems the world is filled cairns like this if we look for them. This morning I found the meaning I'm assigning to it. "Believe in yourself as I believe in you."

That's for you, Katherine. And it's for me. And for everyone else who needs to hear it.

3 comments:

mamatulip said...

You are awesome. I am so glad I found you - it was meant to be, for our paths to cross. I get so much from you - from your blog, your words, your heart and soul, our emails - I am so grateful for you.

Thank you.

Deb Shucka said...

Beautiful writing. Beautiful picture - with the heart smack in the middle. Beautiful you.

Michelle O'Neil said...

: )