Monday, May 28, 2007

Katie's Quilt

These are some of my favorite blocks in the the quilt I'm working on right now. I colored the drawings on cotton fabric, using regular crayons, melted the wax into the fabric with an iron, then highlighted the pictures with hand embroidery.

I finished the last of the "babies" today and will sash them into a quilt top later this afternoon. They're all blonde, like my Katie, and most have her curly hair. I'll post pictures when it's done but couldn't wait.

This coloring technique is the one I plan to use on my Green Tara quilt. It makes me happy just to imagine sleeping under her protection. I'm really looking forward to working on it.



6 comments:

kario said...

Wow - this is amazing, Jerri! What a gorgeous quilt. You are a true artist.

Deb Shucka said...

Your creative talent takes my breath away. These girls are gorgeous and I love the floral sashing I can see here. I second Kari's WOW!

Amber said...

Oh my gosh! Look at those! I can't believe you used crayon. I would never think you could do that! SOOO CUTE.

:)

Blair said...

Jerri! I can't get over the beauty of this quilt -you are a true artist and bring a new level of ARTISTRY to quilt making.
Can't wait to see Green Tara...

Alijah Fitt said...

Impossibly precious, I had no idea you were such a fine artist. You are amazing.Katie is so lucky.

Michelle O'Neil said...

So adorable!