Thursday, May 17, 2007

Dream Weaver

Stacy from Life Is Art has been helping me understand my dreams lately. She's brilliant and comes up with recognitions that surprise me.

Writing about a recent dream, she said, "The real mother of us all is what you seek, to be treated fairly, with compassion, not bossed around and superficial going through the motions. The fact that Christmas was mentioned as I recall twice again seems to be -the core of Christianity is authentic love, God's love and it is no accident Christmas coincides with the winter solstice, the darkest night (of the soul) of the year."

She couldn't be more right. I'm seeking the real mother of us all, the source of acceptance and compassion. And I've looked for Her in every nook and cranny possible. Now it's time to look in the one place She can be found—my own heart.

During this latest round of crazy-busy, I stopped making time to meditate. That's going to change. Starting right now.

More later. Gotta go sit with God for a while.

6 comments:

riversgrace said...

Sitting with you as you sit....

Yes, this is what it's all about. Authentic love.

Your capacity to give it is so large. May your practice open your being to receive love in abundance.

Alijah Fitt said...

You're not so dense after all. I love Jesus;the good Jewish , Christian , Buddhist that I am. I love when he says "do not look to me to save you, the light is within you, you can do this too" or something like that. Love you too.
Oh, Chollos are latino low riding gangsters.
(Thank you for giving me kudos)

Suzy said...

Yep, you've got lots of people sitting right by your side.

kario said...

It all comes back to that point, doesn't it? And why we let that drop first when we're 'busy'.

Love.

Deb Shucka said...

Hoping you find light and love in that place, and that you can give yourself what you give us - unconditional, enveloping acceptance. Love you.

Go Mama said...

Jerri,
I am holding you as you have held me...that you may know the same love, acceptance, and light on this path through the darkness... that you may give yourself permission to be all that you already are... you are already on your path...be fearless... keep going... we're with you too...

Use the compass...the compass of your heart...

Love.