Thursday, August 30, 2007

Why Yes, I WOULD Like Cheese with this Whine

Reading yet another Fannie Flagg novel. It's Welcome to the World, Baby Girl this time.

For some reason, all day I've had this fantasy of someone calling me Baby Girl and meaning it, of having someone available to shoulder some of the weight of the world, of having someone who loves me best of all.

There's nothing particularly new or different about my world this week, but I'm not handling the same old stuff very well. My shoulders are up around my ears, and no matter how many times I realize it and try to breathe them down, they bounce back the moment my attention turns to something else. Tigger shoulders, they are. Bouncy, flouncy, trouncy things. Hey--maybe I should trounce a few things and see if that helps.

The area between my shoulder blades feels as though it's badly sunburned--that tight, bright, raw feeling glows through my skin like neon on a dark, rainy night. I am not sunburned. I know this because, although I haven't been in the sun for weeks, I actually got a hand mirror and checked in the bathroom mirror. Nothing's burning back there except dull anger. Or maybe that's rage. Can't tell from the outside, and God knows my insides aren't in any shape to conduct a meaningful conversation.

Strangest of all, every once in a while, I audibly gasp like someone just sucked the oxygen from the room and I'm competing for the last breath. What's that about? Is the Big Fly Fisher in the Sky trying to reel me in?

This, too, shall pass. Or, at least that's what I've been telling myself all day.



Anyone know when this Venus Retrograde this is over?

7 comments:

Amber said...

Ech! I know that feeling. If I were with you, I could call you Baby Girl...But it might just make you laugh, huh? But I would mean it. Even though you have a year or two on me. I still would love to make you feel loved. Like you often do me. ;)

That picture is too much! LOL!

I think the planets are giving us crap, as I read it. Hang on!

:)

Carrie Wilson Link said...

September 8! Hold on! Relief is in sight! Does it help to know that, indeed, this feeling is universal? Everyone I know is in a funk, except Wil, of course!

The Geezers said...

I'm not sure I can do "Baby girl..."

But would you settle for an occasional "baby sister"?

hg said...

You just nailed the feeling in my left shoulder blade, and all the way down my arm to my elbow.

Love to you, my friend. Relief and Solace, too.

Deb Shucka said...

Your sunburn description of that world between our shoulder blades is spot on perfect. Your ability to put me in your pain (that matches my own too damned perfectly) and then to make me laugh with the silly blind and puffy chicken is nothing short of genius. So glad to be sharing the journey with you.

Fanny Flagg always makes me long for a holding heart with strong tender arms attached and then she makes me laugh. Hmmmm. Much like your writing. :)

Michelle O'Neil said...

Sounds like orange walls to me.

Alijah Fitt said...

I'm still wrestling with Mercurian forces, but feel both are finally staring to ease up. That burning pain, ouch.I actually noticed today my chronic burning neck and shoulders, the kind that wakes you up in the middle of the night, is easing up a bit. I think the Bowflex is really helping.