Saturday, July 14, 2007

Overload

I did my reading yesterday. The audience was remarkable: leaning forward in their chairs, listening carefully and laughing in all the right places. Energy of the very highest order, which facing my fears always turns out to be. SO glad I did it.

It's going to take some time to process all that has happened here and the incredible beauty of it. I'll write more when I can. For now, I have to get packed up and off to Albuquerque, where I'm meeting Monica at the airport. We're heading to the mountains for a few days of R&R. We're going to soak our bones and hike and hang out in this powerful place. Every moment, grace.

I'm leaving here filled with energy and enthusiasm and joy. Thursday and Friday nights, most of the class danced at a cowboy bar til all hours. We laughed. We got up on stage and sang with the band. We annexed a hallway for our own private dance floor. We connected.

I've hit overload, but this is where the juice is, this world of people who love books, who use language as a tool and as a toy, who generously share their time and their experience to help those with less. Thank God and all the angels that I bought Blackbbird and it led me to Jennifer's website and all of you, who have helped give me courage to make myself part of this world we share.

Here's to more books, more words, more connections.

Much love to you all and more soon.

12 comments:

The Geezers said...

Well, didn't we just KNOW that the reading would be a wonderful experience.

And you do know how much I like to be right.

Enjoy your well-earned vacation. Look forward to hearing more.

hg said...

Way to go, Jerri. SO proud of you!

Jess said...

That so great!! Congrats on your reading. :) :)

I didn't know you were going to see Monica. Have a great time! Give her a hug for me. Enjoy.

Alijah Fitt said...

I'm doin a happy dance for you now. So Much Fun!
Of course you were well received, what were you thinking?

kario said...

Have a terrific time. I'm so pleased you were able to live up to your inner strength, my dear. I knew you could do it!

Give M a hug for me and yourself, too. Have a fantastic bit of R&R - you've earned it!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad it turned out to be such a positive experience. Taking risks, stepping out of your "safe zone" is always so hard, but usually so worth it in the end. I knew you would be wonderful. Have a great vacation!

Anonymous said...

No accidents! It's all unfolding as it should -- between us, within us, beyond us. Ours is only to arrive!

Congratulations! xo t

Michelle O'Neil said...

The "whole" would be less complete without your part in it.

Glad you had a great experience Jerri!

Nancy said...

Glad you have time to bask in it! Energy, enthusiasim and joy! You can't ask for more than that!

Amber said...

You sound so happy. And that makes me happy! Have a beautiful time in the mountains.

:)

Go Mama said...

Bravo Jerri, sounds like a blast.
Yes MORE...more juice, more courage, more connections, more love...
Thanks for sharing your joy! It's palpable.

Kim said...

Wonderful, congratulations!! I know I'm behind the 8-ball here, but I am so happy for you!

Never, never forget that feeling!