Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What Can That Be?


You know I've been working on a book proposal about stuff made from trash. What I haven't told you is that I've gone totally nuts over this stuff. 

A couple of times I've stayed up half the night cause I just can't let go of an idea and haven't figured out how to make it work yet. Other times, half a day slipped away while I puttered, loving every single minute.

I woke up in the night with the idea that I could make a shower curtain out of plastic bags. Yeah, I know. Where does this stuff come from? I have no idea but I love it when my right brain makes leaps my left brain can't quite follow.  I'll let you know how that goes. Might be cool. Might be a disaster. We'll see.

I've got everyone I know saving bottle caps and Altoids tins and pizza boxes and pop cartons and jar lids and plastic bags and liquor bottles and wine corks and. . . . 

I would love--LOVE--to get this book sold. It would be fabulous to   infect other people with inspire others to look at their trash and wonder, What can that be?

*I made this lamp from a vodka bottle. The base started out as a tin box from spicy meat rub. Who knew?

4 comments:

Deb Shucka said...

I love that lamp! I love your creativity! You are the next level of our green movement. Have trash? No problem. Jerri will help you turn it into a family heirloom. Love you.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Your creativity, and energy, know no bounds! LOVE the lamp!

Go Mama said...

So creative, girl. Go on, resurrect the trash!

Anonymous said...

Um. Hope the vodka bottle wasn't affiliated with yesterday's sob fest in any way..