Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Looking Back

Just went through a box of stuff, jogging memories for this memoir writing thing I seem to be doing. Fasinating to see all those girls I am not. Thought you might like to see some of the girls I've been (sort of). Sorry about the orientation. Blogger and I are failing to communicate.

Circa 1964, approximately. I think this is the year we moved to the little town described in the Strange and Wonderful posts that follow.



Let's not forget the piano recital mentioned in the S&W post. L to R, my sister Debbie, Miss Woods, and me. Look, we've got red corsages to match the red sashes on the white satin dresses our mother made us. Oh, pardon me. No color. This is from the time when (as Evan once said) the world was in black and white. Anyway, we had taken our gloves off to play, but they're around somewhere, too. Oh, check out our corsages from Waters Flowers. Seriously. That was the name of the place.



Circa 1972. My senior picture. Didn't my mom teach me to sit up straight? What's the deal? Again, Mom made the dress. I bought the jazzy ascot myself, though.




Me, appropriately surprised at being named "Miss Something," which gave me the golden ticket to the first plane ride from our airport, also mentioned in the Strange and Wonderful posts.

9 comments:

riversgrace said...

Wow, so wonderful to see her/you. Now I can hold her in mind as I read on. That senior pic deserves its own altar. Flowers. Candles. Love.

Blair said...

I love these photos, esp. your senior picture.
Thanks!

kario said...

These are too cool! Has your daughter seen them? Thanks for the visual.

Kim said...

I love these too! I want more!

Deb Shucka said...

It's wonderful to see the beginnings of beautiful you. Thank you so much for sharing. There was a time when I would have been quite envious of that ascot!

Anonymous said...

I bet the photographer made you lean forward like that. No matter -- it's beautiful. All the pix are beautiful. xo

Monica said...

Oh, Jerri, I love seeing these pictures. I'm dying to see more, more, more. I'm so glad you posted these, you gorgeous thing you.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Ditto everyone else!

Amber said...

Oh, I love seeing these. Look how pretty! Beautiful!

I once won a golden ticket, like that, too. It got me out of town.

Blogger had not been dealing well with my pics either...grr.

:)