Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Nail, Meet Head

Yesterday, LuckyzMom commented: "How is his situation different than yours? What are your qualifications?"

Talk about hitting the nail on the head! Last night I talked to another man from Match. He asked how long I've been divorced. When I told him 17 years, he let out a long, low whistle. "Whoa. You're set in your ways!" he exclaimed.

I've thought and thought about that. I'm not even sure what my ways are. I don't have set habits or things that have to be a certain way. I share my life with so many people that it's sure not "my way or the highway" around here.

But it is true that I'm not prepared to compromise more than a reasonable amount just to find someone. And it is true that some of my life and characteristics could be as much of a red flag to others as the whole "not ready" thing was to me Monday night.

Lord. This is all so complicated. Or not, depending on what you make of it.

10 comments:

fullsoulahead.com said...

Well. You could just have dinner. Be in the moment. Not worry about how it will all work out. Just get out there. Be amused. Not make it such a big deal.

Call it research, baby. Either way, you'll write about it later. LOL

xo

P.S. Any man would be damn lucky to be with you, for a meal or for a lifetime.

Deb Shucka said...

I agree with everything Michelle said. This should be fun, light-hearted and like all processes, respected and trusted.

kario said...

And regardless of how you met, it could just be that this person could become a good friend. Or a nice stop along the road. No prescriptions for the relationship. I say just have fun!

luckyzmom said...

About 36 years ago I decided I was going to stop hoping for a man and just date to "get a little" (you can guess what). Very soon after that I met my husband.

"Change your mind, the rest will follow."

Hoping the best for you.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Ditto Michelle, and especially love the notion of going to be amused, if nothing else!

Anonymous said...

hey, where'd you go?

hg said...

just thinking about you, Jerri. Looks like you haven't been here in a while. Hope all is ok, or even better. Well. drop me a line. xo holly

Anonymous said...

Gee, does anyone know what's going on w/ Jerri? I am worried...

-e-

Colleen/Mn said...

Merry Christmas 2011! Jerri,
Thinking of you & keeping a lookout for any books you might publish.
Best Wishes to you & may the New Year be ALL you want it to be!
Kind Regards,
Colleen
http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=meadowedge16

Anonymous said...

Sigh. It is officially a year since your last post... are you still out there?