Saturday, July 18, 2009

Seasons of ....

Driving down to my brother's house at 7:30 this morning, I had Paula's top down and the sound track to Rent cranked up. The sun was bright but cool and skating the curvy road was pure pleasure.

Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes....

Cruise control freed both my feet to tap along as I danced in my seat. Coasting down hill, I raised both arms to the sky and felt the wind's resistance against my open hands..

Live in my house, I'll be your shelter....

My body felt full, from the center out to the surface of my skin. I could feel my blood circulating, thrumming in my veins.

Seasons of love...

I remember this.

This is joy.

4 comments:

BONNIE K said...

I always loved that song.

Deb Shucka said...

So glad you got this moment, and that you let us experience it with you. I feel the wind and the joy.

Michelle O'Neil said...

I love it when Paula goes topless.

kario said...

Damn! Michelle stole my thunder!

Thanks for the fantasy, Jerri!