Friday, June 05, 2009

More More

So, here's what I've learned about holding what you want.

It's very difficult to make choices that lead you away from what you want when you're holding it firmly, leading with it.

With the exhilaration of that 4th of July singing through my veins yesterday, I said no thanks to chocolate without a second thought, took a break and went for a walk, and danced as I brushed my teeth. Simple. Inevitable. Real.

I don't know from vibrational attraction, but I know this. When I dwell on how fat I am, it's easy to think nothing matters, so I might as well give myself a treat. When I concentrate on the feelings I want, they're like the Pied Piper, leading me down the path of righteousness.

Okay. Maybe not righteousness. Maybe just a little better than usual. And maybe that's enough.

5 comments:

Go Mama said...

steering, steering...

Nancy said...

love this post!

Deb Shucka said...

It's a path to yourself. That seems pretty darned righteous to me.

luckyzmom said...

Hold on!!!!

Michelle O'Neil said...

"I don't know from vibrational attraction"

Yeah you do.

; )