Thursday, January 22, 2009

Backbone

"Takes backbone to live the llfe you want."

Haven't seen the movie yet, but that line gets me every time I hear the trailer for Revolutionary Road. It reminds me of my favorite line from Eat, Pray, Love, the one where Richard from Texas tells Liz she's got to stop keeping her wishbone where her backbone ought to be.

Been working on my backbone lately. The-project-for-which-I-have-such-hope got a polite brush off from someone on Tuesday. Discouraged me for about 5 minutes, then I realized I had absolutely nothing to lose and shot back an equally polite question. Surprised the heck out of me to get an answer that opened an actual conversation with someone who had no reason to spend a minute talking with me.

Wishing and hoping hasn't done much for me lately. Taking the lumps that go with taking action may work out better. If not, at least I've entertained myself.

Cause.... Guys--I've been having fun with this and can't wait to tell you all about it.

5 comments:

George said...

If you take the lyrics to that old song, Wishin' and a Hopin' and substitute he and him with the notion of your project or your goal, then you get a really cool take on the subject of taking action with passion.

Deb Shucka said...

I'm so dying to hear about it. Anything that has you this excited needs to be shared. Soon!

Michelle O'Neil said...

Can't wait to hear it!

Amber said...

Mmmm yes. I love that wishbone/backbone line. I think of it often...

Can't wait to hear what you are cooking up.

(hug)

:)

kario said...

You rock! Looking forward to hearing the entire story "Jerri-style."