Sunday, September 03, 2006

A Heart Full

The pond is impossibly beautiful this morning, green-gray reflections of the cloudy sky and tired trees. The leaves aren't turning yet, but they have that dry, soon-to-be-withered look that tells you they're exhausted by the production of chlorophyl and are looking forward to resting through the winter.

I've spent the last two hours (TWO precious hours) reading my favorite blogs. With no regret. And NO feeling that I'm wasting time. The blogospHER teaches me so much, every day. And the comments--on my own blog and others--slay me. Absolutely slay me. Of all the miracles of modern technology, perhaps the most amazing is this ability to reach out to support the art and hearts of others we may never meet.

The conversation between Suzy and Carrie in the comments on my last post leaves me with a heart full of gratitude. For the sheer existence of these remarkable women, for finding this forum, for knowing more every day that each of us has the power to change the world, for the grace of reading the work of women who are doing just that, every day.

Still working on other posts, but just had to take time to shout a big "Thank You" to the Universe for leading me to this place and to these people. And "Thank You" to the bloggers who are enlarging my vision of the world and sharing their courage with every post.

Light and Love to each of you.
j

2 comments:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Thank you, Jerri. The whole is definitely greater than the sum of its parts, as the blogospHERe clearly illustrates!

Suzy said...

I am continually amazed at the connection that words- honest words can make. For me it is a gift to be included, let alone acknowledged in this circle of bright and courageous women. This "forum" makes me stronger and I am eternally grateful.
Thank YOU Jerri.