Saturday, September 02, 2006

Dear Diary

Since last we spoke, I've worked much too much at the business I own and struggled with a piece I'm trying to write on how difficult it was for me to tell the Truth or Lie story because it involved saying that I am beautiful.

ALERT: bad body image story. Straight ahead.

But not this morning. This morning I must work at my business again.

And I must contemplate all the reasons I should not fall in love with the man I went out with last night. He is hardsome (looks like Nick Nolte might if he hadn't lived such a dissolute life). Moreover, he is smart and funny and charming. He's kind to wait staff--even when they make mistakes or leave him waiting far too long. He asks interesting questions and truly listens to the answers. He has a sense of adventure and a conscience about the planet and how he uses its resources.

AND he is the sexiest man I've met since my divorce attorney.

This could be such big trouble that I can't begin to describe it.

How do I know?

From about 30 minutes into our adventure last night (our second date), I could hear Tom Waits in my head, singing, "I Hope that I Don't Fall in Love with You."

That can not be good, people. It can not be good.

Much more later.

4 comments:

Suzy said...

Oh go ahead.... What could happen?? (famous last words) Go for it (says the Queen of Fear over here!)
Great post once again Jerri...
Keep it coming. I wanna hear about the 2nd date!

Carrie Wilson Link said...

It cannot be good? Let's re-define good! He sounds like a keeper! Ask him to describe his mother. If he gets all "moony" RUN! If he gets angry, RUN! If he is kind and brief, marry him tomorrow!

Suzy said...

Unless of course he takes his mother with him on your second date.....

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Good point, Suzy. If any number greater than two are on a "date", it is not a date, it is another reason to RUN!