Thursday, March 13, 2008

Goose Poo

Islands of goose poo floating on the pond today. 


Isn't that just the way? Nothing, not even my beloved pond, is all one thing or the other. The water captures all—sky and clouds and trees. And poo. 

The geese are picturesque but they poo. Lots.

In recent weeks, every time a goose lands on the pond, haters set off some sort of device that sounds like bottle rockets. Geese scatter. My doggie shivers in the closet. 

No ganders float here today, only poo.

The presence of the geese is not all good, to be sure. Neither is the absence.

The middle way begs to be discovered.


7 comments:

kario said...

I've gotta tell you, I'd be pooping in the water if someone shot something off every time I landed there, too. If only because it was scared right out of me! ;-)

Sending smiles. Thanks for the encouragement today. I needed it.

Nancy said...

"The middle way begs to be discovered."

You will never know how perfectly these words settled with me today. I have been praying for direction and answer on my life's path and have been getting the answer in little bits and pieces. I think you just completed the puzzle for me.

Thank You!

Go Mama said...

Aw, shit!

riversgrace said...

That's how I feel about kids, too. So cute but then there's all that wiping of butts! Yep, it's all about the whole package.

Can you do something about the shooters? That seems so obnoxious.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

The middle path. Hope to see you there, if you find it before me, will you save me a spot?

Deb Shucka said...

Is all that shooting legal? Poor poopy geese! Poor pond! Does anyone need any fertilizer?

Jenny said...

More poo? Between your blog and Suburban Turmoil's...!