Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Tale of Sunglasses, Foolishness and Self Awareness

Hanging out at Maker Faire in San Mateo this weekend, I pushed my nearly-new Ray Bans to the top of my head as I stepped into the Expo building. I know better.

Actually, I know better than to buy good sunglasses. I'm more of a $13.99-Target-special kind of girl when it comes to things I can misplace or lose or damage. But...I succumbed to peer pressure here in LaLa Land and bought cool shades. We can talk about that later. (sigh)

So, there I was, gold John Lennons on head, when something shiny caught my eye. I looked down to the floor and felt the glasses slide toward the concrete floor and their doom. My stomach fell at approximately the same rate as the glasses. Examining one shattered lens, I had no one to be mad at but myself.

On Monday, I stopped in at Sunglass Hut on the Promenade, hoping they could replace the damaged lens. Lo and behold, they replaced the glasses. Free. Even though I had not purchased the glasses at that particular store. Even though the damage was entirely my fault. Even though they did not carry the same style.

Moral of the story: 1) shop at Sunglass Hut; 2) keep your receipts; 3) if you're going to do something stupid, do it within 90 days of purchase.

What's that? The moral should be "Keep the glasses on your face or in the case," you say. Yes, it should be. But we all know me better than that, don't we?

5 comments:

fullsoulahead.com said...

Peer pressure. LOL.

Glad they replaced them for you. That's awesome. I only buy cheapo sunglasses. They are so easy to lose.

luckyzmom said...

I historically lose only expensive sunglasses. "The cheapos" I seem to hang on to until they're worn out, scratched, twisted, broke, bent. Kinda like me!

Amber said...

Nope. A good pair would last me MAYbe half a day. Always. lol

But now I may goto Sun Glass Hut.

:)

Ayaz Ahmad said...

Hey nice and I think you got a lesson full experience to replace glasses from sunglass hut you know the same incident happened with me but little differ from you because I just paid the difference price because my broken glasses cost at $20 and glasses which I got in replacement was worth of $109.99 from kerrdrugoptical now I feel comfortable to put these shades ;)

sydney pest control said...

We’re a gaggle of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your web site offered us with helpful information to work on. You’ve performed a formidable job and our entire neighborhood will likely be grateful to you.

--------------------------------
sydney pest inspection | rodent control sydney | pest inspection sydney