Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Fascinating Rhythm

Energy pulses like an erratic heartbeat in a room filled with 15 creative folks. People who've spent a lifetime as performers struggle to be audience. People more comfortable in the aisle seat wilt at center stage.

The last five days have been exhilarating and exhausting. Much of what I learned was re-learning but necessary relearning. I don't yet know where to put some of the new stuff.

We did yoga every day: I did a handstand with the help and support of the fabulous young woman teaching the classes.

We walked to a sugaring operation and saw how maple syrup starts its journey to breakfast tables everywhere.

We wrote. And wrote. And wrote.

In four hours, a plane will carry me back to my own life, where tomato sandwiches are topped with bacon rather than smoked tempeh, where speaking one at a time is the norm, where women rarely fart in public. I'll be glad to be home and sorry not to be here.

More...soon.

5 comments:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

"'ll be glad to be home and sorry not to be here."

Know the feeling well! Journey mercies.

Deb Shucka said...

Ditto, Carrie.

I'm so glad you've had this time and look forward to hearing how it's changed your life.

kario said...

Yay! You did it. Hope the benefits keep rippling through for months to come.

Amber said...

love

luckyzmom said...

Soon.....more:)